Playing with the Rexdale Rebels S.C., you will find a fun and friendly environment as we stress on the importance of many things such as:
FAIR PLAY – FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME
- Play by the RULES.
- Co-operate with your teammates and opponents for without them you don’t have a game. Shake hands before and after the game.
- Cheer all good plays – both your teams and your opponents.
- Remember – coaches and officials are there to help you; please co-operate with them.
- Winning is only part of the game – having fun, improving your skills, making friends and doing your best are also important.
- Control your temper; fighting and mouthing off spoils the game for everyone.
- Work equally hard for yourself and the team. Your team’s performance will improve, and so will your own!
- Play for own enjoyment – not just to please coaches or fans.
- Actions speak louder than words – lets make sure our behaviour sets a good example for fair play.
- Encourage children to play by the rules and the fair play code.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing. Remember, children are playing for their enjoyment.
- Turn defeat into victory by enforcing the value of honest effort, skill and fair play.
- As spectators, applaud all good plays for both your team and the opposing team.
- Show your appreciation for your coaches and league officials.
- Support all efforts to remove violence from children’s sports.